Monday, August 15, 2011

Who are our friends.....

What is the real definition of a friend.  Is it a family member, someone you have met throughout life, or do we regard our casual acquaintances as friends?
 
Maybe my family members are my friends, or am I my only friend?....  What a loaded question.  If I am my friend why to I shame myself, create misery inside of my heart from destructive behaviors and thoughts. 

If my acquaintances are my friends why to the throw you to the wolves the first chance they get.  If our families are our friends then why are they placed in out lives as... family?  If our "friends" really uphold their title why does so much pain and devastation come from having them?  Is it worth the pain and suffering to maintain a friendship?  Maybe our families are our life long friends and the people we meet and refer to as friends are only here for a reason or a season.  Or, should we just live within our own skin and try to find the happiness that dwells within us all? 

The harsh truth of it all is that we are biologically designed to be social creatures.  Therefore, we need companionship.  We slide on a double edged sword everyday of our lives.  If we seclude ourselves we will wither inside.  We become depressed, socially secluded, and well... plainly put ... ill.  On the other side if we put ourselves out there we are vulnerable to the hurt and devastation our loved ones bestow upon us.

~sigh~

... and so continues the continuous circle ... the merry go round of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment